Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wardrobe Change

Transition: movement, passage, or change from one position, state, stage, subject, concept, etc., to another; change.

I'm switching my wardrobe today, changing out the summer clothes for the fall. It's not a task I like. For one, I like summer clothes. For another, I like warm weather and I'm not one of those people who gets excited about sweatshirts and football and big pots of chili. I realized this week just how much shorter summer is in Michigan than in Buenos Aires, and how much cooler fall is here. I wore shoes yesterday for the first time (other than running shoes) since I got off the plane in June and promptly grew blisters. Lovely. And after just three years in Bs As, something in me says that spring should be just around the corner. But it's not, and that is part of transition. Which brings me to the third reason I'm not so excited to switch my clothes today: my wardrobe has been a puzzle of moving parts since Christmas (when I started moving items home) and I growing tired of trying to predict which items I'll need (or want) in the weeks or months ahead.

At the same time, I look for the positives in the change: more cups of tea, wearing scarves, discovering more clothes that I can donate, less shaving. It's the little things in life, no?

1 comment:

  1. I also need to change my wardrobe, but the change isn't so drastic for me :) Hope you're doing well. When do we do that cup of tea (and/or coffee) together???

    ReplyDelete