Monday, December 2, 2013

Strange, yet not so strange, events

Two strange things that are very "This is Thailand". 

1. There are large political demonstrations going on around Bangkok. They are all over the world media (BBC, CNN) and twitter, but don't affect my daily life in any way at this point. Hopefully things will quiet down long before they affect quiet Bangna, where I live. That said, in recent days the protests have turned violent and I'd ask you to remembered Thailand in your prayers. We pray for peace, wisdom, and that the calmer heads prevail, not the extremists. 

2. Yesterday evening my internet went out. This happens quite often and usually lasts a few minutes up to a few hours. It is still off 24 hours later and I have learned from a friend that the company has simply closed up shop. Overnight. I can't get through on the usual customer service line, so I am inclined to think this is true. Time to get reset up with a new company. And there are few things more tedious and annoying than setting up new internet. 

However, with a few Thai holidays coming up, we have just 11.5 more days of school till Christmas break, so that is something to celebrate for sure. Can't believe the school year is almost half over! 


No comments:

Post a Comment