Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A smoke day!

In Michigan we have snow days, ice days, and the occasional day called for extreme cold. I have all that up moving to Bangkok, and yet I find myself in my pajamas at 10am on a random Tuesday morning.  My first year at ICS we missed a few weeks of school due to massive flooding across Thailand. In January we missed a day when massive political protests threatened to cause massive traffic disruptions. Today we are off because a garbage dump nearby is on fire. Yesterday our campus filled with stinky smoke and they are still working to control the blaze. So far this morning the skies are clear and sunny, but there's also a strong breeze and if that dies out, I have a feeling we would be back in smokey land. 

It was good timing for me. I've been under the weather and not sleeping well for a few days and have been in the edge of a sick day for several days now. This saves me the trouble of lesson plans, even if it means rearranging lots of things in the next month (the downside of block schedule is that when you miss a day it changes what day of the week your classes meet and with standardized tests and spring break on the horizon it will mean making some changes to my plans). 

In the meantime, I'm going to make another cup of tea and tackle a paper I need to write for my online grad class and enjoy sitting around the house a while longer. Here's to "snow" days in Bangkok! 

No comments:

Post a Comment