Monday, October 25, 2010

Appreciating Fall

I'm trying really hard to appreciate fall, and not simply gripe about the cold (it's actually a bit balmy today!), and I have to admit that the colors are beautiful right now. In fact, I don't think I dislike fall so much as I dislike what it means- that summer is over and winter is coming. I haven't yet fully developed my "How I am going to survive winter in Michigan" plan, but the covered overnight parking that I currently have is going to play a big role. Meanwhile I am doing what I can to enjoy the cider and scarves and colors and not think so much about what is coming. I am also going to (try to) not think about the current season or weather in Buenos Aires. As beautiful as fall is in Michigan (and fall is much nicer here than there), nothing can really beat a Bs As spring.

So, in my efforts to appreciate and not gripe, here are my favorite things about fall in Michigan:
  1. The colors, of course.
  2. Long Lake trip, especially the bonfires.
  3. Apple cider
  4. Really good apples and pears.
  5. Curling up with cups of tea
  6. Michigan Football. I've enjoyed watching it a bit this year after 3 years of ignoring it. A good fall day will always feel like U of M football to me.
  7. Getting to use my full array of scarves and jackets.
  8. Lots of skating to follow (and this year, even watch!)


No comments:

Post a Comment