Tuesday, October 12, 2010

City Girl

Well, the MegaBus to Chicago wasn't too bad. They were extremely punctual and the bus was very clean. Downside was the very small seat. Maybe the seat wouldn't have felt so small if the person next to me wasn't spilling over into mine or the person in front of me didn't lean all the way back. At any rate, it was a safe and easy trip.

For the weekend, we got lucky with GORGEOUS weather! And I realized, while downtown, that part of my missing Argentina is missing the city. I miss taking the bus to work and the train downtown. I miss taking the bus to another city for the weekend. I miss the bustle of the city and the different kinds of people. I miss knowing the city and walking in the city and just being in the city! Before living in Argentina I never would have considered myself a city girl, but I think I am turning into one!

Being in the city definitely made me homesick for Buenos Aires, for the only city I've ever really known. I loved knowing how to get around and where to go and great places to walk. I do miss it a lot right now. It's spring there and everything is warming up and beginning to bloom. In a few weeks the Jacaranda trees will blossom. I am trying to enjoy the fall here- watching the leaves change and fall, eating fall foods, and relishing in the crisp air. But I tell ya, it's hard to beat Buenos Aires in spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment