Friday, February 4, 2011

And the winner is...

I love it when you have a big decision to make that isn't really a decision at all in the end- the answer is just clear, obvious even. That is how it was for me this week as I accepted a job at the International Community School in Bangkok, Thailand for next year. In the end I had 3 schools to choose from and by the time I had heard back from all three a clear ranking had developed. I wasn't agonizing over where I was going to go- I knew exactly what to say when they asked me if I wanted the job. ICS is a K-12 Christian school with a student body of about 850. I'll be teaching MS math- 6th grade and Pre-Algebra, to be exact. And, I also get to teach an Intro to Spanish class:) In HS the students have to decide whether to take Spanish, French, or Chinese (in addition to the Thai they take every year) so the school wants to start giving them a taste for each language in MS to help them decide what they want to take later on. I am very excited to be able to use my Spanish in some way!

There isn't a whole lot else to tell right now- I'll be leaving sometime in mid-late July and make an initial commitment of 2 years. I'm hoping to find a way to start learning some basic Thai before I go, right now I don't even know how to say hello! Bangkok will be a challenge and a change , but one I am looking forward to. It's never easy to leave home, to say good-bye to family and friends here, to be so much farther away (esp in time zones) than friends in Argentina, but I feel confident that this is where God is calling me right now. He has been so faithful in this whole process. I've grown closer to him through each twist and turn in the journey to this point, and will certainly continue to do so on the journey ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment