Saturday, June 25, 2011

Getting Closer!

Ways I can tell my departure is drawing near:
  • My stockpile of items to take with me is growing
  • Events are cropping up that I won't be here for
  • Time with family and friends starts to end with "Now, am I going to see you again before you go?"
  • I countdown in days instead of months or weeks (23)
  • I am starting to stress about everything I want to take fitting in my suitcases (So far in my experience, I always stress about this and I always fit more than I expect in the end).
  • The "to-do" and "to-buy" lists are not so long
I am enjoying this weekend in Grand Rapids, off to a Tigers game tomorrow, then back to teaching summer school on Monday (which, by the way, is going very well and has been a huge blessing- gives me something else to do and think about and some extra income). 

1 comment:

  1. Clare, we've enjoyed having you here for an entire year--it's good to have this blog as a way to keep in touch and to know what your new life in Bangkok is like as it unfolds...

    Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete