Friday, June 10, 2011

It is a small, small world

Last night I  picked up a friend from DTW who was flying in from Suriname.  We had lived and worked together in Argentina for two years and then she has been teaching in Paramaribo for the past two years.  In July, when I head to Thailand, she will head to Nairobi, Kenya to teach at another NICS school there.  Her parents and sisters drove up from northern Indiana this morning to pick her up from my mom's house- they're 'home' for just a few more days before they continue on to Florida and then to South Africa where they serve as missionaries.  While chatting last night, we discovered that a family which had been living and teaching with her in Suriname is going to be at ICS Bangkok with me this coming year!  It was just a global sort of moment. 

In other news, preparations for my departure continue.  The vast majority of things remaining on my do to list are just purchases that still need to be made (most of these items are a year's worth of consumables that aren't available in Bangkok).  It seems like every time I can cross something off the shopping list there is something else that I need to add to it!  Yet, slowly but surely, it's getting done!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate with a big to-do list - keep plugging along and it will all be totally worth it. So excited for you and your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete