Thursday, May 16, 2013

Countdown

It is a truth universally acknowledged that the teacher is probably counting down longer and harder than any of the students...

15 alarm clocks and 14.5 days, just so you know. And back in Michigan in 23. Where hopefully it won't be high 90's with crazy humidity.

I know I can't really complain about the weather because its not snowing, and believe me, I am grateful for that, but the last week or so has been unbelievably hot. Hotter than hot. Unbearable. So I will be happy for a few weeks of Great Lakes State summer. Until then I shall do my best not to melt.

The last weeks of school are crazy at any school, and that only gets magnified at an international school where there are a multitude of events associated with The Great Turnover. And at ICS, always a host of bridal showers for that year's crop of summer brides as well. It's grat fun if I pace myself. Tomorrow is the big collective garage sale after school, in the school cafeteria, where everyone who is leaving tries to sell all their stuff. Perhaps there will be some sanity for sale to carry me through :)

Actually though, year two has gone remarkably well.  I have had good kids and great colleagues, serveral of whom are leaving and will be dearly missed.  It's the never ending story of the expat life!

No comments:

Post a Comment