Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Michigan Adventures

Following my time in New York, I've spent the last two weeks bouncing around Michigan, some time in Detroit/Ann Arbor, then Grand Rapids, some time Up North, and now back to Detroit/Ann Arbor. I've had a great time and have had good quality time with so many people. It's hard to believe that my summer is quickly coming to an end. I fly back on Thursday and start work next Monday! 

Clockwise from top left: an evening on Portage Lake, sisters overlooking the 18th green of Arcadia Bluffs, dune climb (I did not make it to the top), Mike putting on the 18th, and Lake Michigan view at the end of my run. 

Clockwise from top left: lunch at the new brewery in Frankfort, the Portage Lake channel into the big lake, view from wine tasting in Leelenau, boat ride on Lake Michigan, Thai spicy steak salad made by Mike as part of our Thai diner. 

Our trip Up North was in honor of my mom's birthday, which isn't until August but this is when we could all be there. We had a great birthday dinner on the last night and got a family picture that even has me in it :) 

Last night I had a chance to see most of the Collins women one last time for a fun evening with lots of laughter. 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend some summer time in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete