Tuesday, July 8, 2014

New York weekend

Like many people, I love New York. Luckily, my brother moved there 3 years ago :) This past weekend I got to go visit and spend a few days with him and enjoy one of my favorite cities. One thing I really enjoy when I travel is exploring neighborhoods, so we spent some time walking and biking around Queens and Brooklyn. We took the dog for a walk, played catch in the park, visited Matt's plot at the community garden, and ate at some favorite local spots. I got to eat Mexican, Dominican, Korean, Argentine, and Italian food, as well as fish and veggies on the grill. On Sunday afternoon we biked across Brooklyn to the New York Transport Musuem and Prospect Park. It was also really fun to be there during the World Cup and watch a few of those games. The highlight for me of any trip to New York is seeing a play, so on Saturday night we went to see The Cripple of Inishmaan. It was a fantastic play (hilarious dialogue but also deep and thoughtful) and great evening. Of course, the best part of the weekend was getting to do all these things with my brother :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment