Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hellos and Good-byes

These 12 days in Argentina have flown by, while at the same time I feel like I've been here forever. It's been really good to be here and it's always a bit sad to leave, but at the same time I leave with a sense of peace and gratitude for this time and ready for the next phase of my summer. Last night, Ecclesiastes 3:1 came to mind: For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven. I feel like this is the theme of my summer this year- an ending to seasons in Bangkok as friends leave, connecting with the season I spent in Buenos Aires, preparing for the seasons ahead in Bangkok and in life. There is a time and place for each one and as even good seasons pass, we have to let them go. I am grateful for friendships that extend beyond place and time zone, and for technology that keeps us close despite the distance. 




No comments:

Post a Comment