Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Seeing my family around the city

I have been blessed, both here in Buenos Aires and now also in Bangkok, to have lots of family visit. One of the joys of this is that I "see" them as I walk around the cities. Yesterday walking around my old neighborhood I passed the empty lot where Matt and I played catch. Today I went to the Japanese Garden, a place I've only been once before: with my Dad. Tomorrow I will have dinner at my favorite restaurant in the city, Las Cholas, which I discovered with Meg (and later took everyone to, since she was the first visitor). When I walked through the feria on Sunday, I remembered shopping there with my mom. In Bangkok, I see my family in so many places, and even though it sometimes makes me a little bit sad, I am also always glad to have shared those places and foods and experiences with them. It so much helps me to connect all my worlds together when they understand my life a little bit and then I can see them in my memories all around town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment