Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dear Elected Officials

Dear Elected Officials,

I don't care who you are or what party you align with or where you are from. What I want from you is this:

  • Support for the programs that help those who need it most, those who don't have a voice, whose low incomes can't feed their families or provide for them in basic ways.
  • Laws that reel in the costs of health care, making both the services and the insurance more affordable for everyone.
  • Laws that protect the most helpless among us: the unborn.
  • Policies that protect us and our environment by restricting toxins in products, that support public transportation or make it easier to reduce and reuse than to buy new.
  • Foreign policies and actions that support human rights, not corrupt leaders who disregard them.
  • And, for school officials at the local, state, and national level: lower class sizes. It's the number one thing we can do to make positive gains in education. I don't need fancy paper or a laminating machine, I don't need my own printer or another workshop on assessment, I don't need a PTA luncheon or new gymnasium. I need to have time and energy to help my kids.
Really, is it too much to ask?
Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment