Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, my first real American Thanksgiving in 4 years. I am quite excited- though I have to admit, a few days on the Atlantic Coast sound pretty good as well. Thanksgiving is a time for us to reflect on all we have been blessed with, and I have been showered in blessings.
  • This past weekend, for example, I was able to spend time with friends in southern Pennsylvania that included riding horses across fields under a nearly-full moon.
  • Despite four moves in the past 12 months (most recently, this past weekend) I have always had a warm and comfortable place to live.
  • Leading up to Christmas break (when I can't really work) I have a 14 day sub job in 7th grade science, meaning I'll have a good income in the first part of December to help make up for the layoff.
  • I have wireless internet and skype which allows me to talk for free with my friends who are so far away and stay connected to their lives (the same was true in talking to my family when I was away).
  • God's call on my heart to teach in an international Christian school is constantly being confirmed to me, allowing me to start actively looking for a job in the weeks to come and giving me direction for the next steps in life.
  • More than anything else, I am blessed by knowing Christ Jesus, my Lord. In Him are all things.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you could ride with Jo and I. That was lovely. It was great to see you and have great conversations with you. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete