Sunday, December 12, 2010

Letting Go

Some days, I just really miss Argentina and everyone there. I woke up that way today, missing my kiddos especially. So how excited was I when one of them chatted with my on facebook? Say what you will about facebook- it gave him an easy way to get in touch with me and say hello. And today especially, I appreciated it.

It's job hunting season and the sad news is that it does not appear that BAICA has any job openings for next year, much less one that would fit for me. Murphy's Law I guess- it's probably the only year in BAICA history that they're not hiring. And though I am excited about some of the other prospective jobs out there, I do feel like I am losing Argentina all over again as I lose the hope of returning. Letting go is hard, and I am finding that in comes in waves and stages.

It's at that point that I have to stop and trust that God does indeed have a plan for my life, that it's not as aimless and wandering as it sometimes feels, that if this door is closed it's because he has another one to open. Trust is a daily exercise- a daily choosing to lay down my life to the King of kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment