Friday, June 8, 2012

Back stateside!

Two things that seem slightly off to me being in the US this week:
not automatically removing ones shoes indoors
throwing the toilet paper in the toilet all the time

It's been a remarkable whirlwind of a first four days: two days in Chicago at my dad's and two days in Grand Rapids- seeing college friends, grilling in the backyard with my sister and her fiance, and shopping at my favorite store.  Tomorrow is wedding dress shopping day with my sister before heading to the east side of the state.

One thing that has made this week doable is that I've had almost no jet lag :)  I'd like to think it's because of my well thought out and executed plan for how to reduce the jet lag, but in reality it's probably just due to my incredible talent for sleeping and seeming natural ability to change times rapidly (knock on wood). 

Things I have enjoyed in the US: Multigrain Cheerios * lime yogurt * mac and cheese * amazing salads that are a meal in themselves * knowing the brands * long hours of daylight * meat on the grill * tap water * clothes made for my body type * cool nights * wearing jeans * no traffic!*

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you made it, and jet lag hasn't hit :) Enjoy all those special "little things"!

    ReplyDelete