Saturday, June 9, 2012

Being there

Yesterday, I got to be there.  And that's not something I get to say everyday.  I got to be there when my little sister tried on wedding gowns, and I got to be there when she found The One.  I got to be there when she put on something that was definitely not it and we could just look at each other and go "ummm, No."  I got to be there to zip and unzip and hang and rehang and poke and prod and adjust for a few hours.  These are once in a lifetime moments and I am so grateful that I got to be there.  The girl waited nearly 4 months after her engagement to try on a dress just so I could be there.  Impressive.  I love my life and I love living abroad.  I wouldn't have it any other way. But I know it's not always easy for everyone else to work around that, and I just love that she gave me the opportunity to be there this week. 

1 comment: