Saturday, October 13, 2012

Back to the blog-o-sphere

The last few weeks have produced many things, but blog posts and sleep have not been among them!  It's been a flurry of activity and fun that has finally caught up with me in the past 24 hours.  Yesterday I could barely keep my eyes open all day. I slept for 11 hours last night before getting up for Nak Suu teaching this morning, and napped for an additional 1 1/2 hours after I got home.  I'm starting to feel more like myself again.  Just to give you an idea of the pace I've been keeping- this past Wednesday was the first evening in weeks that I was home alone- no activities, no guests, no nothing.

So what have I been up to?  Teaching and tutoring lots, but also lots of friends' birthdays, Thai class, baseball watching (well mostly just following the scores while I teach, but watching when I can on Sunday mornings), dinner with friends, hosting students from Chiang Mai, church, and other fun-ness.  This past week I've also spent a lot of time planning upcoming vacations.  I live a rough life, I know. 

We have one more week of school until our fall break, where I'll be in Cambodia on a mission trip with church for a few days, and then on Koh Chang (an island back in Thailand) with friends.  I'm sure I'll have lots of great stories and pictures to come about that.

Today, in addition to checking in, I want to share a video with you about the ministry that runs Nak Suu, the rugby program where I volunteer.  The short video gives you an idea of the greater context of our Saturday program, and also gives you a glimpse into life in Bangkok.  You'll even see me teaching English and the kids playing "Uno" in English. 


No comments:

Post a Comment