Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) is having their conference in northern Thailand this weekend, and I for one am SO GLAD.  In order to assist teachers in attending, our school had a half day today (Wed) and has Thursday (Thanksgiving) and Friday off.  I'm sure the conference will be great. I, however, am going to the beach. 

We don't usually get anything more than Turkey Day itself, so this is a real treat (thanks ACSI!), and boy do I need it.  By 6pm tonight by insane month of Thai class will be over and I will get my life back.  Except when you stop doing anything but learning Thai for a month the rest of life builds up, so my "to-do" lists are exceedingly long.  For 4 weeks now I've been saying "I'll do that the week after Thanksgiving". 

So here I am, tired and weary and speaking better Thai than ever, but oh-so-ready for a few days of relaxation before real life slams back on Monday. As usual, I've over committed myself with extras at work, tutoring, ministry, and friends.  I know how to say no in at least 4 languages, but I am complete crap at ever doing it. But once the AC guys come this afternoon and that gets fixed (2 out of 3 are broke) then I can go to Thanksgiving lunch and then to Thai and then come home and pack and have my skype date so I can get up at 4:30am and fly to a little slice of paradise in southern Thailand, and just chill. 

So enjoy your turkey and stuffing and pumpkin pie tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and missing you and feeling so thankful for the many friends and I family I have around the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment