Thursday, October 24, 2013

I'm getting a roommate!

This weekend I have a project to work on: get my guest room ready for someone to be able to live in it for awhile. On November 2nd my friend Gillian returns to Bangkok and is going to be staying with me, probably through April or May, though really, it's Thailand, so who knows. My apartment is pretty small for two people, but Gillian stayed here while I was in the States this last summer, so she knows what she is getting into. It will be a little tight, but I think we can make it work. 

I am excited to have a roommate for awhile since there are things I miss about living with people. And making room for her is forcing me to go through a lot of stored stuff, and thus throw a lot of it away, which is always a good thing. The real question, of course, is whether Gillian is going to survive my quirkiness and the empty tea mugs I leave strewn about the place. Though the fact that she comes from Northern Ireland tells me that the mugs might not be entirely foreign. I do enjoy tea drinking roommates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment