Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Baking Cookies

Goal for the day: make chocolate chip cookies. 

Step 1: Buy a mixing bowl, measuring spoons, and a measuring cup.

Step 2: Buy flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.

Step 3: Soften butter without a microwave

Step 4: Mix the dough.

Step 5: Bake the cookies in the toaster oven, 6 at a time.  Watch them like a hawk especially since there isn't a great light in that room so the oven is all dark.  Some burn anyway.

Overall, I am pleased with my efforts.  The worst kind of cookie to me is the super flat crispy kind, so I always make sure I add plenty of flour.  Something though in the mix or the baking got a bit dry so they came out a bit hard and crunchy, but they're okay I guess.  I'll keep the burnt ones and am delivering the rest to friends at school tomorrow.  They're not quite what I have been craving- will do better next time!

1 comment:

  1. So did you bring the recipe with you? I'm surprised you were able to find baking soda in Bangkok. I'm sure you'll perfect your technique before long.

    ReplyDelete