Monday, January 14, 2013

More adventures with my mom and brother

Wow!  So much going on that it's hard to even write about it!  Despite the food poisoning changing plans a little bit, we made the most of the time that Mom and Matt were here. We went and saw The Hobbit while we were recovering and got out and about once we felt well enough.  Mom and I went to the Grand Palace, Chatachuk market (one of the largest in the world), Jim Thompson House Museum, Wat Pho (a temple that I liked much more than the one at the Grand Palace), Thai cooking class, and the Museum of Floral Culture.  In between we snuck in iced coffee, rooftop cocktails at sunset, good food, and a 2 hour Thai massage.  Ahhhhh.  While she was in Singapore for a few days Matt and I got some work done, but also found time for naps, massage, Thai cooking class, and rooftop cocktails with some of my friends. 

It was wonderful having them here and showing them a bit of my world across the globe. 



Mom at the Grand Palace

Heading down from the rooftop

This sign was posted on a board that was literally a good 7 feet in the air. I'm sure people that tall are quite adept at being careful of head impacts. 
Colorful veggies at cooking school

Cooking yummy Thai food!

Beautiful afternoon on the river boat.

Quite the spread- ready to learn how to cook!

Everything cooked on high heat- it was hot!

Yes, I really made that Tom Yum Gung and it was delicious!

City view at sunset from the roof of Siam@Siam hotel

Tea and coffee on the veranda at the floral culture museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment