Friday, April 5, 2013

Just another week in Bangkok...

What a week it has been!

A debacle with my (and my friend's) visas to China (we are supposed to leave next Friday... situation yet to be resolved).

Easter Sunday with church and friends.

An overnight with my favorite little people, six month old twins.  The twin I was in charge of for the night only woke up once, but I slept so lightly listening for him all night that I was exhausted!  New respect for motherhood.

A visitor in town for 30 hours- an American that I know from Argentina who currently lives in Switzerland was passing through Bangkok on her way back from Phuket.  So we had a lovely Thai dinner on Tuesday after she got in (and a late night for early-to-bed me) and a fantastic sushi dinner downtown on Wednesday before her flight out (another late night for me).  Great stories, laughs, and catching up. 

Giving the SAT tests at school, eating precious prep periods- blech. And a school laptop being stupid right when I needed to get work done- grrrrrrrr. By Wednesday afternoon when I had our middle school staff meeting I was so tired that I was just on a roll in the meeting, pretty filter-less. The tact button got turned off in the fatigue. Oops. 

And now I am housesitting for a week, watching baseball and being a hermit so I feel more human for this long weekend. I'm sure going to enjoy that holiday on Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment