Saturday, June 8, 2013

A day in Korea

Any frequent Asia traveler will tell you, Seoul's Incheon airport is where it's at. I have made several brief stops here, and always love it but leave feeling like I have not taken full advantage of all Incheon has to offer. So this time I did it differently. One of the cool things they offer are transit of varying lengths. There were two that caught my interest, so I planned a 10 hour daylight layover here today so that I could go on one. I was really tempted to take the tour to the DMZ since it sounded the most interesting, but it was also most expensive and the most time in a car so I opted for the Seoul city tour instead.

Last night I took a red eye from Bangkok and this morning I had a free hot shower at the airport (it was amazing, a great facility) and breakfast. At 9:30 my tour will leave and get me back here at 2:30 in time for my 5:45 flight to Detroit. The shower room is on a separate floor from the departure gates and the area around it is quiet and peaceful with plenty of big cushy benches (without armrests!) to stretch out on. It was tempting, but I actually feel okay after the flight, despite not really getting much sleep. I will try to take a few pictures today and post them here when I get back this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment