Thursday, May 5, 2011

Flights, Camera, Action!

Well, though not quite 100% finalized, I have finally seen the basic itinerary for my trip to Bangkok. As predicted, it appears I'll be leaving on July 18th and arriving there on the 19th. I'll be going from Detroit to Chicago (45 min), then to Seoul (14 hours), and then to Bangkok (nearly 6 hours). Total travel time should be about 24 hours. Luckily, I'll land at 10pm, so by the time I get to my apartment I'll have been traveling for a good 30 hours or so, it will be late, I will be ready for bed, and it will actually be night time! I still sort of doubt how much I'll sleep that night, but it does sound better to me than arriving in the morning and trying to stay up all day when all I want to do is sleep or throw up from being so tired.

Just seeing a flight schedule makes the whole thing seem so much closer, so much more real. I love it.

In the meantime I am soaking up all the time with family and friends that I can. I've decided not to sub at all the last week of school, in part so that I can spend that week at Long Lake with my family, but also in part because I am SICK OF SUBBING! This maternity leave job ends on Monday and while the consistency has been nice, her students are pretty nuts, so I'm quite happy she's coming back.

PS- It's May. Why isn't it warm yet???? I thought I would be done complaining about the Michigan cold by this point in the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment