Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Precious Friends, Precious Weekend

Throwing rocks in the lake is so exciting!



I spent the long weekend Up North with friends who have been dear friends since birth, the kind of life-long friends everyone should have.  Our trips to their relatives' cottage on Lake Michigan have provided welcome consistency in my life over the last 8 years.  Our itinerary has changed over the years, from long runs and beach walks, laying out and short excursions, to short walks into town to run in the grass, quick trips to the local art gallery during nap time, and tossing rocks along the shore, but the essence of our time there remains the same.  We read books (even if they tend to have more pictures these days), enjoy the lake and woods, relax, visit Leg's Inn, and fall asleep watching movies.  It was a precious weekend for me and wonderful quality time with my friends and their families.  These girls are like sisters to me, their little ones like my own nieces and nephews.  I have loved being here this year, watching the boys first steps, hearing their first words, seeing the older one read her first words.  I miss them when I am gone, but always treasure the visits and times we have. 





The adults buy themselves a few minutes of peace...
She was the only one brave enough to actually touch the water


Story time with Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Clare...it means a lot to us to have you there. Great photos! You even managed to capture Thomas in an intense moment:)

    ReplyDelete