Sunday, May 22, 2011

Summer Job!

God has been so faithful in providing for me this year (and always).  Ever since roughly Thanksgiving I've had extremely steady work, and most of it has been at my favorite school.  My subbing schedule is nearly full already for the rest of the school year, though I am taking the last week of school off in order to go Up North to Long Lake with my family.  I've been so blessed to be teaching in a great building, where I hardly feel like a sub anymore.  And last week the Principal asked me if I would be willing to teach their 3 week Summer Academy.  It starts immediately after school ends and goes until July 8th, leaving me 10 days until I leave.  The program will run from 8:30-11:30 in the morning and I can do my (paid) prep and planning at school, at home, by the pool, etc.  Because this program is similar to a summer school program, the pay is comparable to teacher pay so I will actually earn more per day just working in the mornings than I do now subbing all day.  Nearly 50% more.  The job also has the advantage of getting me up and out of bed and being productive, while still giving me every afternoon off. It won't be easy an easy job- it's a tough group of kids- but I'll only have 10 kids at a time and should be able to do some fun/interesting things with them.  The job and extra money will be such a blessing in my first weeks and months in Thailand, helping with so many up front costs to moving into a new apartment, paying baggage fees with the airlines, etc.  And I love how God provided this completely out of the blue- it literally walked into my classroom and was mine for the taking (the teachers at the school had first dibs I guess, but big surprise, no one wanted it, so they asked me).  Jehovah Jireh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment