Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mushrooms

I have decided that it is time that I start learning to eat mushrooms.  I don't expect that I'm going to necessarily like them much, but as part of my preparation for Thailand I figure it's good to be able to eat them.  My thinking is that lots of Thai and Asian dishes have mushrooms in them, and they're usually small, which should make them easier to eat (and harder to eat around).  Plus, I'm going to be avoiding so many other foods there- strange creatures and bugs and things, at least for awhile, that it would be helpful to not have to eat around mushrooms.  So this evening, when ordering pizza with friends, we got Supreme.  I like everything on it except the mushrooms and in that big mound of flavorful toppings, I didn't notice them anyhow.  So far, the mushroom experiment is a success.  Just don't expect any such attempts with mayo or ranch...

No comments:

Post a Comment