Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Holy Heat Wave, Batman!

While it is officially rainy season here in Bangkok, we've seen nothing but sunshine for the past few days.  And while I love sunshine, it has made things hot hot hot.  And humid.  Today when I got home from school it was about 94F in my apartment, and that was with the blinds closed all day!  There are people in my building who rarely turn on their AC.  I am not one of them.  I sleep with it on every night and definitely turned it on when I got home today!

Amendment added a few hours later:  The rain has come!  Things are finally "cooling off" a bit.  Funny part was walking back from dinner we stopped for ice cream at this place that is literally under a parking structure and the rain started coming in sideways!  Things were flying everywhere.  Wish I had my camera.  One of the food stands there was tied to a giant umbrella, like the kind for your patio table.  If it came down the whole cart was going over, so the lady stood on the umbrella stand holding the pole for dear life.  It was on the edge of the structure so she was getting drenched- except for her hair. She had a plastic grocery bag on her head to protect her hair!  


No comments:

Post a Comment