Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Interviewed

After school today I had coffee with a friend at the coffee shop in the apartment complex next door to ICS. While sitting and chatting, we were approached by a group of teenage Thai girls, wondering if they could ask us (me, actually) a few questions.  Apparently they were out doing their English homework, and were camped out at this apartment complex because a lot of farangs (foreigners) live there.  Funny part was they didn't want to talk to my friend, who is of Asian descent (but quite American), just me- I think they wanted a white person for the pictures :) .  To interview me they stood next to me while one of their friends taped it on their cell phone.  The first girl had another friend stand off camera with the questions written out on a sheet of paper, which was good, because I would not have known what the questions were otherwise!  After she finished they walked about 5 feet away, stood there for 5-10 minutes before a different one of them asked to interview me.  At least I could understand her!  Then a third girl finally picked up on the fact that Karly was also a good interview candidate, and talked to her.  A bit of an interruption to our conversation, but pretty hilarious to me.  According to Karly, this won't be the last time it happens...

PS- Second day of school went well.  I met most of the rest of my students today, and got most of the rest of the introductions/syllabus/rules bit over.  One more day of school this week then we have Friday off for the queen's birthday.  Yeah three day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment