Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hilarious video

Okay, I thought the last flood video was great, but Episode 4 is even better.  It gives you a little glimpse into Thai culture as well.  My favorite parts are the constant references to not 'defecating in the water' and the crocodiles.  There are, seriously, about 600 crocodiles on the loose in the flood waters (a croc farm flooded) and they are offering rewards for their capture.  Our area is still dry.  Am going to venture downtown tomorrow to try to get a visa out of here, so we'll see what I see then.  Juan and Claudia left this morning after a lovely day together yesterday.  And, if I can't leave this week, I might have a volunteer opportunity at a shelter they are setting up at a nearby school for evacuees.  So that would be really cool.  We shall see.  I'm learning so much about how little of life I really control and how much everything is in God's hands.  We like to think and imagine that we do in fact exercise some measure of control over our lives and circumstances, but truth is, we don't.  Nothing like 50,000 whales stuck on dry land to teach you that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment