Monday, April 16, 2012

To the Tree House!

This time tomorrow I am going to be heading just down the road to the "Green lung of Bangkok" for a three day retreat at the Bangkok Tree House Hotel.  They just opened and I saw they had a lot of availability this week after the Songkran holiday, so I wrote to the owner and asked for a discount- telling him I'd make a great ambassador for his hotel :)  To my great surprise he agreed, and when I arrive tomorrow, I'll be the only guest!  I think other people are coming on Wednesday.  So I get an early check in, late check out, and not just a private porch on my "nest" but a private pool as well, if I'm the only one there!  I am really looking forward to some time away with God and time "outside" the city and urban jungle- especially since it's only a few miles away so I can easily go back.  It will be good to take some time away to journal and pray and be in the Word and just let all the transitions settle.  I feel so much more at home here now, after Singapore especially, and after all the changes and chaos of the last 2 years it will be good to stop and reflect and praise God for where he has brought me.

I promise to take lots of pictures of my Tree House nest and the areas I explore by bike (it's going to be roasting hot, but I want to take a bike out anyway) as well as the amazing organic food.

Here's a CNN article about the hotel which gives you a good feel for it, as well as the hotel's website.

1 comment: