Thursday, April 19, 2012

What hot season means to me

(Yes yes, I will write about the Tree House, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow:)

To me, hot season in Bangkok means:
  • sweat beads on my upper lip 3 minutes after stepping outside. 
  • carrying around a hankerchief to wipe the sweat.
  • the AC is set to 18C but my thermometer says it is 30C in here- can't keep up.  (I can't wait to move, the new place has cheaper more efficient AC!)
  • lots of sweaty clothes, lots of extra laundry.
  • fresh fruits and veggies for dinner, too hot for anything else.
  • not stepping out of the house without an umbrella- for the sun.
  • taking a shower, again.
  • hanging out at the mall, so they can pay for the AC.
  • afternoon naps.
  • no make up if I'm going to be out for longer than 5 min, just going to sweat off anyway. 
  • praying for rain!
  • paying for taxis instead of taking the bus. 
  • Thai iced tea in the afternoon- and probably being up all night from the caffeine.
  • still thinking it's a doable trade from a Michigan winter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment