Sunday, April 1, 2012

Singapore Quick Bites

So I have a whole lot to say about Singapore and I can't write it all tonight, but I do at least want to give you these quick bites about the weekend:
  • I almost made it the entire weekend with chopsticks.  At my last dinner Saturday night there were shrimps with head and tail and legs and shell and all and I really wanted to eat that guy but there was no way I was going to be able to do that on chopsticks.  So I caved and we got the American a knife and fork :(  
  • Theme of the weekend: food. Amazing food.  Lots of it.  The Lim family knows how to eat!
  • I loved all the tourist stuff I got to do- the Night Safari, Little India, the Titanic exhibition, the Singapore Flyer, and Chinatown, but the highlight was definitely the time I got to spend with Uncle Pong and Aunt Choon and their four kids. They were so hospitable and I was so comfortable that it was like being with family. 
  • Dim Sum.  Ah-may-zing.
  • It's so much easier to zip around Singapore in a car than Bangkok! Lots of the time here it's easier to take the skytrain than a car because of the traffic, and as much as I do love public transport, it was nice to be a tourist in a car.  On my next visit I am looking forward to exploring the MRT and more areas of the city- still lots I can do there! 
  • This weekend was a perfectly timed God-orchestrated weekend.  I came home today refreshed, encouraged, and very, very well fed. 
Singapore 2012.  Worth the wait.   Now let me go cross "go to Singapore" off of my life's to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment