Saturday, August 4, 2012

Jet Lag

I admit, I feel a little guilty saying this, but emmm, I don't really get much jet lag.  I feel incredibly blessed in that way, as friends and colleagues continue to wake up early, and throughout the night.  I do have several distinct advantages over many of these people, the first being that I don't have small children.  Little ones can't be coaxed and coddled into changing their sleep schedule very easily, and if they're awake, you're awake.  Secondly, I am a champion sleeper. It's one of my greatest talents.  With few exceptions, I can sleep most anywhere and any time, which not only helps me when I arrive at my destination, but also helps me start to adjust my sleep schedule in transit on the planes when I need to.  Don't hate me, but that first week I basically wake up once per night, use the bathroom, and fall back asleep till morning- ahhhh sleep!  I also happen to believe in better living through chemistry, so that helps me get a good night sleep that first night I arrive. 

So this week wasn't quite as bad as it could have been. After my 50 some hours in transit, my flight landed in Bangkok last Sunday night at 10:15 and I was at work at 7:30 Monday morning.  By Tuesday I'd developed a cold, and though it made me miserable, it probably also help me sleep even better than normal.  As I adjusted mentally and physically this week, I pretty much just worked and watched Olympics.  School starts Tuesday and I'll start resuming the rest of my regular life activities once I get the first few days under my belt- and the Olympics finish.  Maybe next week when I'm feeling better I'll even be able to watch later into the evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment