Thursday, August 9, 2012

Year 2 Starts

My second year at ICS has started off really well. Tuesday was the first day after having an Open House on Monday afternoon.  I love the first few days of school with sixth graders as they learn about middle school and get so excited about things like lockers and changing classes.  They come in all nervous and excited and have a million questions.  I especially love that they laugh at all my jokes :) 

I have also really been enjoying the fact that it's not my first year so I know what's going on and my lesson planning is a million times easier.  Even in the first days of school I am already finding that I have more time and energy for more creative stuff in the classroom and for doing things in the evenings.

Probably the most exciting thing I've done this week (I know you're all on the edge of your seats) is buy a grill. I wanted a little one for the balcony, but didn't really find one. What I did find was an electric one I can use in the kitchen, so I got that.  Being electric, I'll definitely use it more often than a charcoal, which is good, even if it doesn't have that awesome charcoal flavor.  I've grilled steak and veggies one night and some chicken and veggies another night, which is a huge improvement over my usual "cooking".

No comments:

Post a Comment