Thursday, July 25, 2013

A picture a day, a photo today

There has been a trend recently for bloggers to do a 365 photo blog- a picture a day for an entire year. I'm not doing that, but it did inspire me to something along those lines. I haven't considered doing a photo blog because I am not a big picture taker and because I don't really think I have something interesting to photograph every day. Mostly, I just go to work. But I was reminded by someone this summer that in my daily going to work, many things have become normal to me over the last two years that might make interesting pictures for others. So, I will do this: I will attempt a photo a day, looking for things that are ordinary in my life that were not so ordinary to me two years ago. It's a chance for me to see my world with fresh eyes, and a chance for you to see my world. And if there are days I forget, or haven't got anything new or interesting to take a picture of, I'm not going to be a stickler for the everyday. And instead of going 365 days, I will stop when I run out of pictures to take, or motivation, whichever comes sooner. Starting this evening I will try to post the picture the day of, but for now, here is yesterday's pic: 

I found this snail sharing the bench with me while I waited for the nail salon to open- I got there at 10:50, not knowing they didn't open till 11:00. There was no sign on the door with the hours, but a guard/parking lot attendant told me they opened at 11 when he saw me starting to walk away, so I waited. The snail shell was about the length of my index finger- not a common Michigan find! 

No comments:

Post a Comment