Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Seattle area visit

Last week I had the chance to fly out to the Seattle area for a few days to visit my friend and and her family. It was my first trip to the Pacific Northwest and I love it, even if it was a bit cool out. My friends live in Poulsbo, a small town across Puget Sound from Seattle. It was an ideal base for exploring, and it was also nice to just have some down time with them, especially their three month old, Jack, whose life is a little miracle. Like many trips to new places, I have now added about ten more places to my list of places to go and things to do.

Setting off on our hike on Hurricane Ridge


Doesn't it just make you want to bust out with The Hills Are Alive With The Sound of Music? 


Flowers at Pike Place Market- huge bouquets for $5 or $10! 

Seattle from the ferry

Happy smiling baby Jack

Poulsbo marina as we walked into town

I tried to capture the charm of downtown Poulsbo but cars kept getting in the way! I loved all the unique shops, cares, and restaurants- not a chain store to be had. 









No comments:

Post a Comment