Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Changing Places

More thoughts later in the week for sure, but for now, here are the randoms bits about being back in Michigan:
  • It takes my body about 18 hours to switch places, but my head about 36 to get used to it. 
  • I can drink the water right from the tap :) 
  • I'm in nearly the same time zone as Buenos Aires- perfect for skyping with friends! 
  • My body is responding to the jet lag by requesting a snooze and a light meal every 3-4 hours. I can live with that. 
  • What I'm not liking so much is that today from 11am-4pm I felt like it was the middle of the night and I had that "I'm awake in the middle of the night" sick feeling. Blech. 
  • A White Christmas would be nice, but I'm not going to complain about a 45 degree Christmas.  
  • It's really really quiet here. I mean seriously quiet
  • I really wish I didn't need to drive everywhere or anywhere.  In part because I hate driving and am not looking forward to getting behind the wheel tomorrow, but also because I like getting around without a car.  
  • I sure do love drinking tea all day! 
  • I watched TV last night for the first time since I left in July.  I really like that I don't watch it or miss it when I am gone.  
  • Mis libros! Mis libros!  How good it is to be reunited with ones books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment