Sunday, December 18, 2011

From sandy beach to white Christmas... I hope!

In a mere 6 hours I will leave my apartment to head "home for the holidays".  I spent the weekend at a lovely Thai beach where my dear friend got married yesterday.  This morning I walked along the beach, basking in God's glorious creation and thinking, in less than 48 hours I'm going to be freezing my behind off in Detroit.  Not only was the seaside setting beautiful and the wedding a wonderful celebration, but it was also good time with some of my friends- and a new friend (que habla español!)- and just a really good note to leave Thailand on.  I'm going to attempt to stay up all night before my flight leaves at 6am- I figure I might as well get this jet lag thing started and maybe now I'll sleep on the plane tomorrow during a good part of the Eastern time zone night. 

Here are a few highlights from my weekend in Rayong:

With the bride the night before the big day! 

No, we did not break into the chocolates early...

The setting was just perfect!  So beautiful!

A beautiful wedding, and very "them"

My favorite part of the ceremony: instead of a unity candle they lit a lantern and let it fly!

Loved spending time with her this weekend!  And her hubby, who was kind enough to speak English with me (next time, Thai!)
On the drive home we passed an elephant, and since I'd never seen one before, we stopped so I could say hi and give him a snack. He was just a baby. 

Hungry guy! Apparently these aren't the best animals to see, as they are often mistreated :(  But we decided it was okay since it was my first chang (elephant) in Thailand. Really makes me want to get to an elephant center! 

We also stopped for snacks and this place was amazing!  Tons of squid and seafood snacks especially. Feast for the senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment