Sunday, September 9, 2012

Reclaiming Sunday morning

My entire life, Sunday mornings have been for one thing: church.  Last year, I visited nearly a bazillion churches in Bangkok before settling on one in January. However, after a few months, I realized it wasn't a good fit and in May, revisited a couple of others that I thought could work.  There was one that I really liked, but their service was at 2pm on Sunday afternoon, an odd choice, and to me, kind of a drawback.  But after more visits and praying about it over the summer, I have since settled in there and have learned that I LOVE the 2pm start.  And it makes sense.  There isn't a single solitary verse in the Bible that tells us we have to meet in the mornings. 

I am just now discovering the joy of a Sunday morning.  For one thing, since I have Nak Suu on most Saturday mornings, it gives me a chance to sleep in once a week.  I am a morning person and I love getting to enjoy a quiet morning.  Sunday morning is also Saturday evening in the US and Argentina, making it a perfect time for skype.  Watching Tigers games live instead of on delay is another great option that comes on a Sunday morning.  It also means that I can get to the weekend market even on weekends that I have Nak Suu, or that I can be lazy and stay in my pajamas all morning without feeling guilty for missing church or something.  It's also fantastic to have a nice long quiet time on Sunday before heading to church- I find it makes my time there so much more worshipful. 

I love plenty of other things about this church, and I'm glad that I decided on it when the 2pm was a drawback so that I can now experience the perk of reclaiming my Sunday mornings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment