Monday, September 23, 2013

Picture a day September 23

I feel like I must have put a picture of this on you blog sometime in the past two years... It's the spirit house at my apartment complex, and I walk past it every time I go anywhere. Most Thai homes have one, so we have one really large one for the entire complex. Growing up in Judeo-Christian based USA, reading about idol worship in the Bible, and all the warnings against it, never really hit home. But here, it's very present. It's not unusual for me to see people worshipping at this spirit house on my way to work in they mornings. It makes me sad to think about these people worshipping something that is not real and is not alive. I hear the verse "eyes that cannot see and ears that and not hear" constantly in my head. I try to pray for people as I walk past, that their eyes and ears would be opened to the truth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment