Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Apartment Hunt Begins!

As I have known all along, I am going to move out of this apartment by the end of the school year.  Not only does the school need it to house next year's new teachers, I will need space to house guests.  I have, what I consider, the best unit in the building and being on campus really hasn't bothered me as much as I suspected, but the studio just isn't practical with wanting to be an open place for visitors.  And so, it starts. 

I checked out my first apartment today at the complex next door to the school. Location is super convenient and lots of teachers live in the (huge) complex. I wouldn't mind being somewhere a bit more, unique, but I think the commute might override that.  The unit I saw today had some great features- awesome built-ins throughout and a great floor- but my favorite part by far was the way the space was divided up.  There's an office/bedroom type space adjacent to the living area, with a movable wall.  90% of the time I can keep it open and have a bigger space with an open feel.  When guests come, wah-la, a bedroom!  The place has lots of windows too and the view (6th floor) is over the pool and park area, much better than parking lot or looking out at ICS- ick!  Who would want to stare at their workplace all evening!  Anyway, drawbacks are small/lack of kitchen counter space (Mom, you would die), no guest bathroom, and maybe more money than I'm hoping for.  But, all are things I could get over.  Will try to see a few more just for comparison's sake, but there's a lot to like about this place! 

1 comment:

  1. I wish you took photos. Sounds like a great place with how you described it. Was it the one? That would be great as it didn’t take you long to find the perfect place. – David at Leasing KC

    ReplyDelete