Monday, January 16, 2012

Why I Love Moto-taxis

I would write I "heart" mototaxis with the cute little heart thing, but I don't know how.  (Does that make me old?  I think that makes me old.)  I can make one of these <3, but it just ain't the same.  Anyway, I was sitting on the back of a mototaxi today thinking about how I was thoroughly enjoying myself and how I ought to blog about it. 
  1. First, I love mototaxis because unlike taxi drivers, these dudes actually know where they are going. Since they only go short distances, they tend to know where everything is in their little area or neighborhood.  I've never gotten a blank stare when I told a moto driver where I wanted to go.  They just nod, put their helmet on, and we're off!  
  2. Second, I love mototaxis because it's freeing and exciting.  Call me crazy but I like zipping around side saddle on the back of a motorcycle.  Wind in my hair and all that.  Maybe something in every girl wishes she could just jump on some guy's motorcycle, toss her hair back, and be off.  The guy that you picture though, in that scene, is certainly not the dude driving my mototaxi- he's um, let's just say, not that guy.
  3. Thirdly, I love mototaxis because they are quick.  Traffic stopped?  No problem!  We can weave in and out and even use the oncoming lane if there isn't anyone in it. 
  4. I also really love mototaxis because I sit side saddle on them. My Thai teacher tells me that's "the Thai way".  I do it in a skirt for obvious reasons, but even in pants, it's just more comfortable than sitting behind said mototaxi driver, and quite frankly, way more fun.  
  5. Lastly, I love mototaxis because they are cheaper than a taxi and cooler than walking.  I love walking, but not a long walk on a hot day. 
I don't get to take a mototaxi that often since I usually either take the bus or a taxi since I'm going longer distances, but when I do get the change, I sure do love it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment