Sunday, January 15, 2012

My World in Pictures: Going downtown

This is the main road, Bangna Trad, where I catch the bus.  To head downtown I cross the road (using that big pedestrian crossing) and the bus stop is right on the other side.  It's about 1 1/2 blocks from my apartment to the main road.

At the bus stop, waiting for a bus to take me to the skytrain (BTS)

On the bus you pay your fare, a flat rate of 8 baht, to the bus employee.  No monedas required!

I get off the bus here: BTS station Udom Suk. 

This is a bad shot of the inside of the BTS.  It's a little embarrassing to take pictures in there!  Anyway, this connects to a mall which is connected to a hotel where my church meets.  We rent a meeting room there each Sunday.
And that is my journey to church!  Which is the same for any trip downtown. I typically make the trip about three times per week for various reasons.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Helps to picture what life is like there.

    ReplyDelete