Monday, March 19, 2012

Apartment Hunt Continues...

I feel a little bit like I am in an episode of House Hunters International, except that I don't have a real estate agent running around doing the hard part narrowing down the list for me :(  What I do have is an awesome friend who called the phone number I saw on a sign and set up an appointment for us to see an apartment today.  The location of this one was fantastic, but the unit itself wasn't great.  It would be workable, but the main thing was that it didn't really have closets and the AC units were ancient.  A few other tiny things made it not really worth the price.  So then we walked circles around the entire complex looking for "For rent" banners and called one place- but it was already rented.  There are lots of studios available and a number of 2 bedrooms for sale, but no other 2 bedrooms for rent that we could see.  We went in one of the buildings because my friend that lives in that building mentioned some units with signs on the interior doors, but we didn't see any on the 2 bedroom units.  I am so grateful for a friend who was happy to go looking with me- makes it fun instead of a chore and makes the decision less weighty when there is someone to see and evaluate with me.  Plus, then we were able to go for Frappe-something and dinner after :) 

So, hopefully one of these days I'll find a 2 bedroom unit that's in decent shape that doesn't have a view of my place of work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment