Friday, May 4, 2012

Apartment update

If I could choose one word to describe life lately it would be BUSY.  As we're in the last month at school, things there are busy and only going to speed up.  And while that has been stressful, it has not held a candle to the rest of the crazy busy-ness of moving.  I got moved in just fine and have spent this past week working on getting internet and a kitchen.  Today, the kitchen (including a sink) was installed, so now all I'm waiting for is internet. I'm all signed up and the line should be activated on Tuesday, at which point I hope to start feeling more human.  After the kitchen installation today I was able to unpack the kitchen, so things are feeling better already.  Now, very little remains on my "must do now" list.  The rest (including painting) will wait until after the summer break.  The temps in Bangkok continue to be sky high and it's quite humid, but I'm hearing that the rainy season may start as soon as Wednesday and the temps will fall with its arrival.  Can't come fast enough (especially with Nak Suu starting back up tomorrow!).  Once the internet is up I'll post some pictures of the new place- though it's incomplete it will give you a feel for it.  So far, I love it and I'm so glad I chose this one. And, my landlady has been delightful to work with, which makes things like this week's deliveries and installation so much more pleasant. 

Hard to believe that just one month from today I'll arrive in Chicago!  Looking forward to Michigan summer soooo much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment